OUR TAKE AWAY IS AVAILABLE.
Please see below for full menu. –
Monday to Saturday between 6 pm – 7 pm & –
Sunday between 12 noon – 1 pm.
For the elderly or vulnerable, we are also offering local Cropredy delivery.
If you wish to place an order, please phone us on
01295 750 244 and we will be happy to take your order.
(please give us plenty of notice when ordering)
🍺🍺 TAKE AWAY BEER 🍺🍺
We have a cellar full of beer. Just bring a jug or bottle and we will fill it up so you can take home a pint or two of your favourite Ale
(£3.00 per takeaway pint).
STARTERS & LIGHT MEALS • Cheddar Cheese Garlic bread – Toasted Ciabatta Roll, brushed with Garlic oil and herbs (v) – £3.00 • Home-made soup – and oven baked bread – £4.00
• Baked Mediterranean camembert topped with Pepperoni, Ariabiata & garlic, served with oven baked bread – £8.00
• Traditional Baked camembert with garlic, rosemary and drizzled with Pesto oil , served with oven baked bread & cranberry sauce (v) – £7.00
Hand-made pizzas using rich homemade Italian sauce Cheddar Cheese and mozzarella. Extra toppings … £1.50 each Spicy Beef, Pepperoni, Pineapple, olives, mushrooms, Bacon, Ham
• Margherita – A classic with tomato & mozzarella (v) – £8.00
• Spicy beef – Spicy beef – £10.00
• Pepperoni – Roasted peppers & pepperoni – £10.00
• African – Bacon & Banana – (v) – £10.00
DESIGN A BURGER
Served with maris piper chips, a Ciabatta roll including Salad leaves & Tomato.
• 7oz Home-made Pure Beef Burger – grilled in our home recipe Marinade, – £10.00
• Butterfried Hunters Chicken Burger grilled in a BBQ sauce with bacon & Cheese – £11.00
• Fish Finger Burger – served with Tartar sauce – £8.00
• Brasenose Veggie Burger – oven baked Field mushroom, with an Arrabiata sauce and Fried Halloumi topped with onion rings (v) – £10.00
UP-SIZE any Burger with …
The Works – Cheddar Cheese, Bacon, Tomato & Onion Rings – £2.00 Breakfast – Fried Egg, Bacon & Hashbrown – £2.00
Blue Cheese – Blue Cheese, Rocket, Tomato & Onion Rings – £2.00
• 8oz Rump Steak cooked to your specifications, Maris piper chips, onion rings and a mixed leaf salad – £12.00
• Full Rack of BBQ Spare Ribs served in our home recipe Marinade, with maris piper chips and salad – £11.00
• Chicken with Sauce Diane with a Choice chicken breast, grilled to perfection, Served with a Creamy Mushroom sauce and a duo of tender vegetables & chips – £11.00
• Curry of the day – Served with a choice of Pilau rice or Chips Prawn – £11.00 / Chicken – £10.00 / Vegetable Curry (v) – £9.00
• Home Roasted Ham (served cold) – served with a fried egg, chips & salad – £10.00
• Traditional Bangers and mash – three choice butchers pork sausages served on olive oil and mustard mash, a duo of seasonal vegetables & onion gravy (v) option available – £9.00
• Hand-made pie of the day – served with mustard Mash, Onion Gravy and a duo of seasonal vegetables (v) option available – £11.00
• Fake ‘Hake’ & Chips – Fried Battered Halloumi served with maris piper chips, tartar sauce and a salad garnish (v) – £10.00
FROM THE SEA
• Fresh Home-made beer battered fish – Served with maris piper chips, tartar sauce and a salad garnish – £10.00
• Poached Salmon fillet with a horseradish mayonnaise – Choice Salmon fillet, served with dauphinoise potatoes, a duo of seasonal vegetables and a salad garnish – £12.00
• Golden Fried Scampi – served with Tartar Sauce and maris piper chips & salad – £9.00
• Tagliatelle Bolognaise – slow cooked beef in red wine, tomato and onion sauce, topped with hard Italian cheese – £10.00
• Pasta Aglio Cremoso – Ribbon pasta with Bacon and a creamy garlic pesto sauce, topped with Fresh Rocket . Served with garlic bread – £10.00
(Take away the bacon For a Vegetarian option – £9.00)
• Creamy Seafood and Spinach Tagliatelle – Pasta with red peppers, prawns, Salmon infused Cream Sauce & Fresh Spinach Leaves – £11.00
Served with a warm ciabatta roll & dressing
• Mixed salad – tomato, cucumber, celery, mixed green leaves basil oil drizzle (v) – £7.00
• Fruit, blue cheese and walnut salad – on a bed of mixed salad with balsamic glaze (v) – £10.00
• Insalata di casa – fresh salad with chopped Piquillo peppers, Bacon & deep fried Halloumi, topped with a creamy Garlic mayonnaise – £10.00
Toasted Bloomer bread served with a side of chips Any 2 combinations of – cheddar cheese, blue cheese, brie, tomato, ham, bacon, gherkins, onions. £6.00
Served hot with maris piper chips and side salad – £9.00 each
• Brie, Pecan Nuts and Grapes topped with Rocket, with a side of cranberry sauce (v)
• Brie and Bacon with homemade caramelised red onion relish
• Tuna mayonnaise and cucumber
• Cumberland sausage with sage and onions with a side of wholegrain Mustard
• Home roasted Ham, Cheese & Tomato served with Cream Cheese
Lentil and Potato Curry
Sausage, Egg & Chips
Chicken & Chirizo stew with mash
(please pre-book your Sunday roast on Saturday)
With all the trimmings – £12.00
A small cosy bar with wood burning stove, a warm welcome, live music and our ever-so-popular Sunday night quiz.
A selection of fine Ales are on offer, together with a regular change of Guest ales and Super chilled Lager.
~~~ 2020 Dinner Menu ~~~
2020 Menu – Dinner Menu Outside
2020 Menu – Dinner Menu Inside
~~~ 2020 Lunch Menu ~~~
2020 Menu – Lunch Menu Outside
2020 Menu – Lunch Menu Inside
SUMMER – APRIL to end OCTOBER All Week = 12 pm – 3 pm
WINTER – NOVEMBER to end MARCH All Week = 12 pm – 2 pm
SUMMER – APRIL to end OCTOBER Monday to Saturday = 6 pm – 9 pm (Sunday until 8 pm)
WINTER – NOVEMBER to end MARCH All Week = 6 pm – 8 pm
Please phone to confirm closing times during the Winter months.
Enjoy excellent food and fine wine in colourful comfortable surroundings. Our menus are available in the bar (where dogs are welcome) and the restaurant. We’re known for some great vegetarian dishes (including the best vegetarian breakfast and roast in the County!), are happy to cook special meals for kids, and if we can, will always do our best to cater to special needs. We always have options for gluten and dairy free dietary needs.
We take particular pleasure and pride in presentation and service. Traditional Sunday lunches continue in addition to the main menu. The restaurant is ideal for groups of 25-30 having it’s own bar and open area for drinks and chatting.
Our dinner, lunch and take-away menus are available throughout the year. Our Christmas menu is available December 1st to December 24th. Bookings are essential and orders should be given at least 7 days before your booking date.
Please click on the video below for a virtual tour of the restaurant.